The Northern Rivers Group of Engineers Australia is hosting three free school student information Discover Engineering evenings across the region next month (GeoLINK’s Civil Design Engineer, Michelle Erwin will be hosting the Ballina seminar):
- Coffs Harbour – Tuesday 25 June, 6:30pm at Coffs Ex-Services Club, 1 Vernon Street Coffs Harbour (DE Coffs Harbour 2019)
- Grafton – Wednesday 26 June 2018, 6.30pm at South Grafton Ex-Servicemen’s Club, 2 Wharf Street South Grafton (DE South Grafton 2019 flyer)
- Ballina – Thursday 27 June, 6:30pm at Ballina Byron Island Resort, 1 Ronan Place, Ballina (DE Ballina 2019 flyer).
The Discover Engineering evening aims to build the profile of engineering as a career choice amongst school students, teachers and parents as well as build the awareness of engineering within the community. Discover Engineering provides the opportunity for high school students interested in an exciting career in engineering to hear real life experiences from young engineers across various engineering disciplines who will share their career path and practical first-hand knowledge.
University representatives will also be available to advise on course information. This FREE forum is open to all students from years 7-12; parents and teachers are also welcome to attend.
Light refreshments will be served.
Please encourage any school students who you think may be interested in an engineering career to attend; registration is essential for catering purposes. To register they can either phone the Engineers Australia office on 4911 7310 or can register on-line at:
- Coffs Harbour – https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/event/login/255852DE-5596-4B77-9BFF-D5D2DBDF3142
- Grafton – https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/event/login/01114046-4133-4961-A17C-796A24217DA0
- Ballina – https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/event/login/4CD44966-F8B6-46E4-BAC4-D3B5E79E375C